On Saturday January 13 2007 20:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sat January 13 2007 7:31 pm, Billie Erin Walsh scratched these words
>
> onto a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> > Stevens wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>
> You can have it show on your DT when there is a disc in the drive or
> when it's just the drive itself.. I think the setting is somewhere under
> Desktop-->Behavior --> Device Icons
>
> The drives aren't supposed to show up until there is media of some type
> in them .. there just isn't that much you can do w/ an empty dvd/cd
> drive.
>
> put a disc in and see if it pops up.. then decide what you want to do..
>
> --
As past messages I've posted say, My dvdrw drive is not being mounted. Every
box that says dvdxx under Desktop Behavior is checked. What I have found is
there is no mount point being created in /media. All other drives cdrw,
floppy, CF card reader generate mount points in /media. All links between hdc
and dvdrecorder and authorities look good.

Does anyone know what creates the mount point in /media. YaST is able to read
the dvd drive, hal sees the drive and it looks described correctly.

Hope this is not off the topic.