On Sunday January 14 2007 15:32, Mathias Homann wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 15:08 schrieb HG:
> > Still to continue...

> > > forget it. home computers are mostly used for games and this
> > > will never work with Linux (sad but true)
> >
> > I do not want discussion about if my points about why Linux will
> > not make it are really true or not.
>
> then put your rants on a blog somewhere where we can ignore them, not
> on a _discussion list_.

Whoa Mathias,
Why so rude and aggressive ? It's almost arrogant, I think.
Can't you come down from your knowledge throne and try to think about people
who just would like to use their computer without much hassle (just like
getting into a car and drive it, without first having to tune its engine and
other parts).

I think HG made a valid point.
Look at the various threads in this list from newbies who are desparate and
lost how to get for instance their DVD working.
Yes, for you (and me) it is quite simple because we know what actions we must
take in advance to gets things working ( see analogy with the car), but have
you forgotten the first time when you (probably) also had to search and
inquire before you had things going ?

Again, I agree with HG that this phenomenon really prohibits a lot of people
from going to Linux.
As it is right now it is a great system for people who have a fairly good
knowledge of its workings and who like to search around and complete/expand
its functionality system by finding the missing pieces of the Linux jigsaw
puzzle.
But maybe the community wants to keep it like that ?????

HAND,
--
Jan Elders
the Netherlands