Randall R Schulz wrote:
Sergey,

Did you look at the output of "make install" to ensure there were no errors?

Well, there were so much of it, running on screen for quite a long time, I didn't even manage to catch something there. But I remember that at the end it gave an Error, saying that it was impossible to write something on a file, I thought that was not that problematic ;)

I don't have anything else specific to offer about this particular problem, but if you have software that needs to be installed in stock system locations such as /usr/include but you have only a source tarball (as in: configure; make; su -c 'make install'), then you should consider using "checkinstall" to produce RPMs for installation. That way you'll know if there were any file conflicts and you can reliably reverse the effects of the installation.

So, do I understand you correctly, that it is not that easy to reverse system after installing from sources, and it is more preferable to use RPMs (which can be obtained somehow by "checkinstall"), since then I can remove them from YaST?

Checkinstall, which is available from the stock installation sources, if I recall correctly, does not work with every piece of software, but when it does, it's the way to go.

Sorry my being too uninformed of it, but this "checkinstall" should be there in the sources(shell script or something)? I didn't find anything like that there.

So now, what is my way out? Can I just remove that directory from system and try to reisntall it? I guess no ;)

Thank you very much.
Sergey

--
A----T   Sergey Mkrtchyan,