On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 1:54 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

>On 2007-01-18 13:26, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> I'm running a Dell Optiplex GX260.  In the BIOS, the only setting for the
>> clock is a digital clock where you adjust the time manually.  There is no
>> option as far as local time vs any other type of time.
>Correct. The BIOS clock doesn't know about anything beyond itself. It
>probably doesn't know too much about that either.

>If you want to set your clock to UTC, add 6 hours to your local time
>(since you are in Central Time). Otherwise, set it to local time.

Thanks.  This entire clock conversation got started when someone indicated
that my being on local time was the cause of my fsck running every time I
boot up.  Somehow, I don't think advancing my clock 6 hours (I think that's
how far behind GMT I am here in the Central zone) will fix that problem.  It
doesn't really seem logical that that is what is causing it, but maybe I'm
wrong.

Greg Wallace