On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 10:05 PM, Marc Wilson wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 02:15:51PM -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> Thanks.  This entire clock conversation got started when someone
indicated
>> that my being on local time was the cause of my fsck running every time I
>> boot up.  Somehow, I don't think advancing my clock 6 hours (I think
that's
>> how far behind GMT I am here in the Central zone) will fix that problem.
It
>> doesn't really seem logical that that is what is causing it, but maybe
I'm
>> wrong.

>You're wrong.  Where else did you think the "furure" errors were coming
>from?

I guess you're right.  Switching to UTC made that particular error message
go away.  However, I still get a message about it doing an fsck but it comes
back almost instantly saying it's clean, whereas before it sat there for
several minutes.  So, is it really doing an fsck now or is that just a
standard message that always comes out.  Seems strange that it would say
"fsck succeeded" unless it was really doing one, but how could it go so
fast.

Greg Wallace