On Monday 22 January 2007 21:07, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2007-01-22 21:31, Greg Wallace wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > John Anderson mentioned that active ftp wasn't supported on his Netgear.
> > I really don't know the difference between the two.  My assumption is
> > that limitation wouldn't cause me any inconvenience.
>
> http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Some of my clients use Front Page.
Earlier versions of Front Page only supported active ftp.  (I have no clue if
this is fixed or not in later versions).

They were unable to publish their web sites using the built in Ftp engine in
Front Page but were able to publish just fine when we removed the router and
just used their Suse server as their router.  Suse was faster too.

The still use the netgear router as a wireless ap.