Hello list
 I have a problem with kde on my new SuSE 10.2. It worked during the first
days after install, and this curious behaviour appeared after an upgrade :
whenever I try to launch yast2,  or the file manager in superuser mode I give
the root password and get a message saying it is a wrong password.

It must be a kde problem : I can open a console, su to root and launch these
services manually. The root password is good.
 Here is one  the messages I get after each failure

atelier : Jan 25 12:00:09 : paulus : user NOT in sudoers ; TTY=pts/3 ;
PWD=/home/paulus ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/opt/kde3/bin/kdesu_stub -

I searched the archives and found an  old trick from Sept 12 2004.
message id :<200409122304.41133
It said go to the console,  log in as root, run init 3, remove the
directory /var/tmp/kdecache-root and rename the /root/kde folder, then run
init 5 and log in  normally.
I just renamed these directories, but it does not work. Could anyone enlighten
me ?
--
Paul Ollion
Proud Linux user                SuSE 10.2