On Thursday 25 January 2007 11:01, Peter Van Lone wrote:

> Anyway, so I tried Yast Online Update ... it found tons of items,
> including security updates, but ALL of them were flagged "keep" and
> "update" was not available to choose (it was greyed out). Plus, there
> were no details, or version info or anything about any of the items.

In 10.1, YaST online update shows all patches, even ones that have been
installed. These are shown as blue checks.  The new ones to install would be
shown with a black check.

> Weird. I clicked accept and ... the window just went away.
>
> Good grief.
>
> Anyone have an idea? Is this a "bug" or somewhow expected/normal behavior?

If there were no new patches to install, the window just closes when you click
accept.  In that sense I believe that would count as expected behavior.

However, that still doesn't help with the other issues.
What happens in YaST online update if you filter by installation source?
Which installation sources show up?

--
Don