Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Wednesday 2007-01-31 at 08:55 +0200, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm baffled.
>> If there is nothing in /var/log/messages can't see how to debug the
>> problem.
>
> You can increase kernel verbosity.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/syslog:
>
> KERNEL_LOGLEVEL=7

on an experimental basis I have suse 10.2 reacting to a DVD media now.
(Fred did u read this ?  :)

from yast - software - search:DVD marked following:

dvd+rw-tools, libdvdcss, libdvdnav, libdvdnav-devel, libdvdread,
libdvd-devel, subtitleribber.

with this the light is blinking in the CD/DVD rom, a window shows up
(have a DVD film inside) and asks for viewer to chose.
Chose kaffeine and a new window shows up:
kaffeine - 0.8.3 installation check
kaffeine-xine    OK
KDE 3.5.5       OK
libdvdcss:
   get it from videolan,        did that
dvd drive       OK
DVB device:  no found
distribution:  not xine -lib from SUSE but from packman.

Problem now: have packman as a source already, but using YAST -
installation sources doesn't show the xine-lib file at packman (uses
mirror: http://packman.iu-bremen.de/suse/10.2)

YAST : search : shows xine-lib  , but is this from SUSE or packman ?? if
it is from SUSE how do I write a sourcelink in YAST for packman.

Niels