Hi all,

I've been following some of the advice on the list recently about improving
the fonts in 10.2.  I have seen a huge improvement so far, but there are
still some issues.

In looking into all of this however, I have discovered that I can't get my
monitor to display at its native resolution (1280x1024) at 60 Hz.

NOTE: I'm using KDE and to get the refresh rate I right click on the desktop,
choose "Configure Desktop..." and then look at the refresh rate
under "Display".  Is there a command line alternative to get this info?

Monitor:                LCD BENQ FP937s
Graphics Card:  NVidia GeForce PCX 5750
NVidia Driver:  1.0-9746

I have been using

sax2 -r -m 0=nvidia

and have tried many variations but I can't get 60 Hz.   I have tried selecting
the generic LCD monitor (instead of the BENQ) and explicitly choosing
the "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" mode, testing looks ok and claims to be at 60 Hz, but
when
I save the results and go to init 5, the display is back at 50 Hz.

I've also tried (even though I don't know if I should)

sax --vesa 0:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

which didn't help.  I've also tried to generate another modeline using

gtf 1280 1024 60

and replacing the modeline in xorg.conf with these values.  This allows me to
select between 50 Hz and 55 Hz from the KDE desktop settings, but still no 60
Hz.

Finally, if I modify my current xorg.conf file and change the driver
from "nvidia" to "nv" (and make only that change), I can get a display at 60
Hz, but I lose the 3D acceleration and some of the font improvements as well.

Does anyone know how I can get 60 Hz on this monitor with the binary nvidia
driver?

--
Don