Bob S wrote:
> Worked and showed in the menu. Would not boot however with an Error 19.
> Linux kernel must be loaded before initrd.
> Are we any closer?

I believe so.  Could you mount your boot partition and verify you have a
vmlinuz and initrd symlinks to their respective kernel and initrd?
Should be as easy as, in a console as root, mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt, then
go to /mnt in Konqueror.
> OK don't know if SuSE uses that Rock LVM.
I know they don't, but I was seeing there is different notation for a
lvm drive.
> Was all CLI though and when I
> installed 10.0 I used the Yast partitioner (all graphic) to set it up.

Would love to see the fstab in your 10.0 system.  You could probably
mkdir /data1, then use Yast Partitioner to mount the old 10.0 root lvm
partition to /data1 to get to it.
> Yes it is called dev/hdb3 like normal and is designated Linux LVM.
Where are you seeing this?
> FYI There
> is another entry further down in the table that is the exact same size and is
> identified as /dev/system and is designated LVM2 System.

That might be it.  You could try changing the root=/dev/hdb3 to
root=(hd1,2)/dev/system.
> Back to above. Did a Google on the Error19 in grub and came up with the same
> kernel must be loaded before initrd message. Got one promising hit but alas
> is in french, which I cannot undedrstand. Maybe jdd could interpret for us.

Sounds like it is finding the boot partition, and thus the kernel image
and the initrd, but the kernel's module tree, located on your lvm root,
are not being located.  We are close.  If you can mount your lvm drive
and get to it, could you send the 10.0 fstab and lilo.conf?

--
Joe Morris