Kai Ponte wrote:
On Monday 12 February 2007 12:09, jdd wrote:
Bryan Tyson wrote:
usable and effective I mean it does not require the user to wait 60
minutes every time one wishes to add a package.
I never waited 60 minutes to install a package (the last one came even
quite instantly to my great surprise :-).

It's long, a little longer than Mandriva, but not so much, and much
more secure than debian.

Just out of curiosity - why would SUSE be more secure than Debian? Aren't they both at the same level of security being Linux?

we are speaking of package management, here, don't you remember? apt get is a powerfull tool, but it uninstall too quickly too many things in some conditions, for my taste (I know things are changing , but I see my LUG's mailing list).

I _never_ had any problem with YaST package management. Even the SuSEConfig slowness gives you a system consistency that lacks on the others distros

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Le manuel d'optique de Lucien Dodin