Can anyone help with Amanda?

I am currently running an Amanda server, with patched version 2.4.5p1 on
RHEL 4, it currently backs up around 30 clients with various Fedora and
Redhat versions no problem. I have recently installed OpenSuse 10.2 on 2
of my boxes and cannot seem to get Amanda running. I have tried the
latest version 2.5 from the OS 10.2 tree, and also 2.4.5 (inc case of
version compatibility problems)  from the 10.1 Suse tree, but neither of
them seem to work. The server reports back selfcheck request timed out.
Host down? I have made sure the firewall is off and that Amanda is on
with checkconfig. I have denied the service on the firewall and seen the
rejected connect in the firewall log so I know the server is contacting
the client. One of the systems does not even have a firewall installed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Neil.

--