I run SuSE 10.2 together with MS Windows. The boot menu had OpenSUSE 10.2 as the default, then Windows and then OpenSuSE failsafe.

After installing
some files from madwifi, including three kernel files, have two new entries on the boot menu:

Kernel 2.6.18.2-34-bigsmp
Kernel 2.6.18.2-34-xen

The last of these became the default. I changed the default back to the initial entry, but I wonder why the default changed and what these two new kernel entries are all about. I found no difference when I booted up with Kernel 2.6.18.2-34-xen, but when I booted with the previous kernel Kernel ... -bigsmp, the system simply rebooted.

I'd appreciate an explanation of all this.

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130