On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 09:21 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Danesh Daroui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have recently installed OpenSuse 10.2 and as I expected I have
> > problem with my wireless card, however OpenSuse has act more efficient
> > than Ubuntu so far. It actually detects my card but I can not connect
> > to my wireless network. I use a HP Pavilion laptop which has a
>
> Which wireless card do you have?
>
> Run hwinfo --wlan as root and show us the output.
>
> > built-in wireless card. It also has a light which will be on if the
> > card is active. This light is always off on OpenSuse. So I decided to
> > install the Windows drivers using ndiswrapper, but it needs the kernel
> > source. In OpenSuse the kernel folder exists but there is no include
> > folder in it which is needed by ndiswrapper. Can anybody help?
>
> If you really need that, you have to install the kernel-source
> package.
>
> I suggest you check the opensuse.org wiki for further details,
>
> Andreas

I have a Dell D820 with a built-in wireless which is a broadcom. With
Suse 10.1, I had to use the ndiswrapper, but with Suse 10.2, the
broadcom had been added to the kernel, ipw3945.

Also make sure the network card in enabled in BIOS and the hardware
switch has it turned on. My dell had a hardware switch on the side that
I did not know about that got switched off one time when I put it in its
carrying bag, took me a call to dell tech support to find out about the
switch (The manual is in Chinese and I don't read Chinese.)

Art