On Friday 16 February 2007 06:32, Russell Jones wrote:
> Call me a numerologist mystic if you like, but I suspect the height
> being >32767 pixels (the limit of a signed 16-bit integer) has something
> to do with it. What happens if it's resized to less than this? What if
> it's just saved with the same size by e.g. gimp?

Okay, I downloaded it and gave a try with a few apps.

GIMP - opened just fine.

Krita - opened just fine. That's one bizarre image.

Kwcikshow - crashed

KolourPaint - crashed with segfault - out of graphics memory message

GwenView - crashed with seg 11.

Since I'm bored - or trying to avoid digging through $128,763 in cashier
reports to find a $473 discrepancy - I copied the file over to my Wintendo
machine and tried it as well...

MS Paint - Opened just fine

MS Windows Picture and FAx Viewer - Opened just fine

GIMP 2.2 Windows - Opened just fine.

Go figure!

--
kai