On Mon February 19 2007 11:19 am, John Andersen wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007, Joachim Schrod wrote:
> > What do you guys use for a simple appointment or reminder manager?
> > Nothing fancy; I'd like to input a date/time and get a popup or an
> > email some time ahead that the appointment is up.
> >
> > Integration in email or some other personal information manager is
> > not needed; in fact, I would prefer a standalone application
>
> Try your cell phone.
> Its always with you.
> It can sync with your computer if needed.
> Its got a calendar system (if not get a new phone).

Cool.  Can you suggest some programs to accomplish this with?  Specifically,
linux friendly?  I know it can be done with a windows compatible phone and
outlook, both of which I have abjured.  My current phone, Motorola A732, uses
linux for OS, has calendar, but I have not seen how to access, sync, or what
calendar program it might use.  Suggestions on where to go for more clues?
Please don't suggest the Motorola site...since this phone is not sold in US I
can barely find it there, often only by saying I am in Taiwan and hoping not
too much of the following info is in Chinese.

Thanks for your guidance.  (And it is ok to say it is really simple and I am
just a little dull not to have found it yet.)

Richard