Jay,

On Thursday 22 February 2007 12:16, Jay Smith wrote:
> >So in fact there are two questions:
> >
> >1) Is there a way to use a Blackberry 7100 on openSuSE 10.2? ...
>
> Don't quote me on this but I believe you need a piece of RIM software
> to get it working. It is indeed possible to do, but I am pretty sure
> you need a third party RIM software to get it to sync properly with
> Linux. Once you do that, I recommend using Evolution. The KOrganizer
> and KAddressBook are fine but I personally prefer Evolution. If you
> like that others, that's cool, I think they'll work all the same in
> the end. But anyway, I am pretty sure you need the RIM software.

So... You're saying I need some software from RIM?

Do you know what, precisely? What's it called? Is is free (of charge)?
Open Source? Is it officially distributed by RIM? Is it supported?

I'll go do some more hunting, but if you can tell me a little more about
this "RIM software," I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Randall Schulz