Dr. Thayer,

This is the railroad simulation software from <http://railworld.org/>?

> starting Rail World ...
> java virtual machine used: /usr/lib64/jvm/java/bin/java
> classpath used:
> /usr/share/java/liquidlnf.jar:/usr/share/java/railworld.jar main
> class used: net.kolls.railworld.opening.Opening
> flags used:
> options used: -Xmx128m
> arguments used:
> Exception in thread "main" Exception while printStackTrace():
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/System

Since the package java.lang and the class java.lang.System are part of
the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and are integral to any given
implementation of the JVM, the fact that they appear to be missing
suggests there's something wrong with your Java installation.

Are you running on a 64-bit installation of SuSE Linux / openSUSE? Which
version of Linux are you running? Which version of Java are you
running? Did you install Java from a SuSE package repository, or did
you obtain it from Sun or some other third-party source?

> Any ideas?

Randall Schulz