From: "J. Scott Thayer M.D." To: opensuse@opensuse.org
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Railworld does not run
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:02:19 -0500

On Sunday 25 February 2007 14:44, James Knott wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:
> >>
> >> How do you start that game? I've downloaded the jar file and even tried
> >> extracting the contents, but I can't find any way to actually run the
> >> game.
> >
> > Did you try the rpm from packman?
>
> No, I downloaded the jar file from the RailWorld site.

OK, I downloaded/installed a couple more java related rpms and all works fine
now. Starts from the commandline and also the menu.

open a terminal, type java, you'll get plenty information about running jar files
or type
java -jar archive.jar

yesterday I used smart to update my system, saw the rpms for Railworld on the update

Carlos A.

PS: Good to see that there are more games that are not OS specific =)
PS2: something like this reminds me of some episodes of Userfriendly =/