On Saturday 24 February 2007 16:07, John Andersen wrote:
> ecause ogg is merely an encapsulation mechanism, implementers still
> have to support a multitude of codecs in order to be able to decode what
> might be hidden inside.  Including mp3 formats.

> You should get in the habit of being a little more precise in what you
> wish for, Such as Ogg/Vorbis or Ogg/Speex.

C'mon, what is meant is obvious. Who in the world would suggest Ogg/mp3 as a
way to avoid patents???

Out of 100 people referring to "ogg," how many meant ogg as a container for
mp3???? Ordinarily my answer would be zero. Today, I guess the answer is one,
apparently: you.

Oh well, I am confident the other 99 understood the point of the discussion
perfectly.

Bryan

--