On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 12:55 -0900, John Andersen wrote:

> My KNetworkManager seems to find networks (especially un-secured ones)
> in the neighborhood and connect to these at random each time I power up.
>
> Is there a way to get it to stay home, and always connect to my router (which
> does use security) in preference to what ever it finds?

Well, it's just tramping because it was you taught him to do so.

Why?  Because you at least once tried to connect to one of your
neighbors' networks.  If such a connection attempt was successful the
network is now respected as a trusted network it should try to connect
to.  At least if it is around.

More information: http://en.opensuse.org/Projects/KNetworkManager

Now, to solve your issue simply use the context menu, choose "Options ->
Show Networks" and delete the corresponding network from the list.

> And whats up with that Signal Strength output when you hover over the
> icon in the tray?  What scale is that based on, and why isn't the
> signal to noise ratio printed.  It tends to always just say 100.  100 What?

It should read x% . Please file a bug for that on
http://bugzilla.novell.com.

Thanks,

   Timo