On Friday 02 March 2007 15:29, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2007 5:23 pm, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > nslookup lactarius
> >
> > Perhaps just the hostname cannot be looked up using DNS?
>
> Yes, that's the immediate cause of the problem, but I don't know a simple
> cure for it since I'm using DHCP for the IP addresses of my local net.  And
> it shouldn't be a problem anyway since (a) it wasn't a problem in 10.1, and
> (b) Konqueror has no trouble finding the lactarius host using the smb:
> protocol.

Paul,

If I understand you correctly, `ping lactarius' does not work on your machine.
Does `ping lactarius.complete.domain.name' work?

If so, do you have 'complete.domain.name' listed in the domain search list.

YaST -> Network Devices -> Network Card ->
then edit card and select Hostname and Name Server

It might help...

--
Don