On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 14:28 +0100, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 14:10, Magnus Boman wrote:
> > Well, did a few more installs (5 openSUSE 10.3 installs in a row... beat
> > that! :-) and found out that when using XFS, I can't get it to work, but
> > when I used ext3 it worked without any issues.
> > So I guess my question now is, can GRUB be installed on XFS that lives
> > in an extended partition...
>
> Normally yes, but you're getting an xfs related error message on grub install.
>
> I would report that as a bug if I were you
>
> Det är ju "bara" en beta :)

I tried SLED10SP1B4 with XFS and I get the same issue. Then I tried with
SLED10GA and I like the way it thinks. It won't even let me choose to
install GRUB on the root partition if I use XFS, but when I select
ReiserFS och ext3, I get the option to do it.
So... My conclusion is that it's NOT possible to use XFS on an extended
partition and have GRUB installed on it's root partition.

Cheers,
Magnus