Hi ..

working away on my laptop   no problems at all (apart from the darn windows
box on the next desk)   ,  I noticed an update showing for xsane so told it
to carry on and update   it sits there for the best part of 2.5 hours
checking dependencies   then the ZMD  icon changes to a red square saying ZMD
not running and no matter what i tri i can not get  ZMD to come back to
life   .

What am i missing/not trying   to get it back up and running   rebooting the
laptop has not solved the problem .

If you need more info let me know what ..

Thanks

Pete .