Joe Morris (NTM) skrev:
Anders Norrbring wrote:
I don't think it's a long time, after all, it has to shut down 17 VMs
before exiting.. ;)  I'm certain it can be solved somehow, I just
don't see it ATM.. I'll keep looking at it.

How about adding vmware to a Required-Stop line in a proper init script,
i.e. syslog.  This should require vmware to stop before allowing syslog
to stop, and everything that depends on it.  HTH.

Just the opposite.. The "Required-Stop" line is used to tell which service(s) should still be running for the script to stop. Anyway, I'll try to add $syslog and $network to the VMware server script to see what happens. ;) Thanks for the idea!

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting