Hi,

I will have to rebuild kernel to be used in VMWare guests for various
servers (and rebuild them after each kernel security updates), I'm
interesting in understanding and testing the whole procedure.

I wrote a kernel howto (actually this project started in 2002) which I
think is well known among German-speaking Linux users - I get quite a
lot of positive feedback. However, since it's written in German it might
not be particularly helpful for you...

I used to speak german. Would it be possible to have a link to this
how-to? Maybe we could write something to be put on the OpenSUSE wiki.

Regards,

Gaël