On Monday 12 March 2007 17:31, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Monday 2007-03-12 at 19:28 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > > AFAIK, you can not hotplug them yet.
> >
> > Initial vanilla kernel support went in last summer (2.6.18 IIRC).
>
> Ah, interesting... I guess the wikipedia is outdated :-)

I think this is the authoritative source of Linux SATA information:
<http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html>.

One very notable fact that can be gleaned from this page is that
hot-plug capability is very much dependent on the specific
characteristics of particular controller boards or chip-sets.

> --
> Cheers,
>        Carlos E. R.

RRS