Hi,

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 16:08, pelibali wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:06:54 -0500
>
> Stevens <.> wrote:
> > I am 2 months into Suse 10.2 and I still do not have a polished system
> > running as well as my old Suse 9.1 that I ran for over 2 years.
>
> No wonder that some people got stuck with "old" releases! I also kept
> SUSE 9.1, which I consider best even if unsupported.

[...]

> It's a shame, that on the opensuse list several of the oldie-related
> threads ended up with the answer "do update" :(

There are hardly any scenarios where one could give any other advise but to
upgrade from an old/unsupported version to a newer/supported version.

9.1 might be "better" for you, but unless your system is not connected to any
network (including internet dialup) staying on an unsupported system simply
isn't a good idea.

Greetings from Stuhr
hartmut
--
Hartmut Meyer, EMEA NTS Business Development Project Manager
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Volker Smid, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)