On Thursday 15 March 2007 18:53, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> One of the other things that bothers me is the continual changes to or
> elimination of things that work, in favor of cutting-edge stuff
> that doesn't actually work.
        Are you running SLED or Opensuse?

        ... makes a difference ... sounds like you would benefit from running
SLED---
definitely.  Opensuse is for those of us who don't really need the max
support and are willing to play with the system a bit in order to have some
of the bleeding edge revisions.  There is another alternative... and that is
somewhere in the middle... use an opensuse version (based on history) that is
for the most part as stable as you need it to be and wait... eventually there
will be another "better" opensuse, or ubuntu, or you'll opt for the next
stable release of SLED. Frankly Suse 9.3 Professional has been the best
out-of-box distro so far from Novell.  Actually, I have had really only minor
annoyances from Suse 10.0.   Yeah, my kmail speaks Chinese too sometimes...
but the distro for the most part has been mostly fantastic...

        SLED isn't bleeding edge and is mostly as stable as the Rock of
Gibralter...
it doesn't bleed and it won't have the latest revisions... but it will work
for ya.....

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><