On Sunday 18 March 2007 19:14, dwain wrote:
> Bernhard Walle wrote:
> > * dwain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-19 00:56]:
> >> is there a graphical ftp client (like filezilla) buried amongst my os
> >> that i cannot find or do i have to download one.  i have searched my
> >> program menu and haven't found one.  or am i going to have to learn to
> >> do this from cli?
> >
> > gftp, kbear
> >

> > Regards,
> > Bernhard
>
> i don't quite understand, are these guis?  how do i access them, from
> the terminal with ./gftp & ?
>
> i'm still very new to opensuse and linux, so i need my hand held for a
> while. ;-)
>
> dwain

Konqueror web browser work fine as ftp client for both directions, download
and upload. If you need user name and password it will pop up the window
asking for them.

If it happens that authentication window doesn't pop up, than try to include
user name in URL, like;
  ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I still don't know is it the fault by the server that I login in or it is
Konqueror bug, but the workaround is above form of URL.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal