Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 18:56 -0500, dwain wrote:
>> is there a graphical ftp client (like filezilla) buried amongst my os
>> that i cannot find or do i have to download one.  i have searched my
>> program menu and haven't found one.  or am i going to have to learn to
>> do this from cli?
>
> Dwain,
>
> 1. Linux has zillions you will get many suggestions here.
>
> 2. Do not forget almost any of the GUI file manager can work as an ftp
> client, Konqueor for KDE is an example.
> The synstax is simple
> 2.1 just replace http for ftp like ftp://name.domain   or IP
> 2.1 if you require  a user id ftp://[EMAIL PROTECTED] and it will ask
> you for password.
>
> Under Konqueror if you click on the subtitle it will change the sorting
> order.
>
> Nautilus under Gnome will do the same
>
> 3. There is a very nice and very easy to use ftp extension for firefox
> if this is your browser: fireFTP. I use it often.
>
> 4. If you need a server this is a good one
>
> http://vsftpd.beasts.org
>
> Ciao
>
> -=terry(Denver)=-

thanks to all who have helped with this issue.  i have chosen to use
fireftp.  i set it up, and i think it will work well.  i have a page on
my site to finish and then i will find out how well this extension works
when i upload the file.

this is a great group and i'm appreciative of your responsiveness to my
questions and supplying the myriad of choices i have with my new found
operating system.

i am very impressed with opensuse.  if you can follow my humor, i have
set the splash screen to redmond.  it makes me smile everytime i start
my machine.  now i understand why linux users call it windoze.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford
Alford Design Group

telephone:  205-487-2570
cell:  205.495.5619

email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:    http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"