It's true what you say there, oddly enough some of the (simple) stuff is
impossible to find in a manual, your problem is a perfect example of
that.

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 18:40 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
> > The manual seems to indicate that once the password for the root has
> > been fed into the system during installation then it cannot be changed
> > by any means.
> >
> > I would like to change my (root) password. Can this be done? Or do I
> > need to reinstall the whole sheebang?
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Thanks to all who replied and telling me that passwd will do what I want
> to do. I couldn't see anything in DaBigGreenManual which would solve my
> need.
>
> Cheers.
>

> --
> Trust, once lost, cannot be regained.

Kind regards

"Define success the way customers do"

Resellers of all Nomachine terminal server solutions Nomachine Resellers
of Vizual HR Management solutions Vizual Resellers of Graphon Go-Global
Graphon Certified reseller of all HP client and server products HP
Resellers of all IBM Solutions IBM Founders of Migrating to linux
Migrating to Linux Registered Premium partner of Cisco  Members of the
Hibiscus Chamber of Commerce