Hi,
I would like to have some advice on the choice of a laptop.
It is a Dell Inspiron 6400 (15.4" screen), and it is available with two
different video cards
- ATI radeon mobility X1400 256Mb + Hypermemory
- Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 256Mb + Turbocache

The ATI is slightly cheaper and google seems to say that this card has better
spec than the nvidia one.

Although, I know that Nvidia is generally a better choice for Linux, I do have
a laptop with an ATI X600 card that performs well under OpenSUSE 10.2 (XGL,
beryl, compiz works), but still the old Nvidia on the desktop (GF Ti4200) is
easier to handle (when updating kernel...)
The SUSE hardware database list the ATI card as fully supported through the
proprietary driver.

So, my question is ... is someone happy with this ATI card under SUSE linux ?
Since it costs less and seems more performant, if I have good feedbacks I
might try ATI for this laptop.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Matthias

                     Matthias Titeux, PhD
Département de génétique des maladies cutanées et allergiques
            dans des modèles animaux et chez l'homme.
                      INSERM U563 - CPTP
                 Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
                          CHU Purpan
                            BP3028