BandiPat wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2007, dwain wrote:
>
>> i find that when new software comes out, it takes a while to get the
>> update quickly.  i have been asked by the inkscape folks if i would
>> be interested in packaging rpms for opensuse.
>>
>> as new to this os as i am and not being a programmer, not afraid to
>> learn though, would someone be interested, having the time, to walk
>> me through the process?  i know the software is available, and i
>> think it's loaded on my machine.
>>
>> is it that complicated?
>>
>> dwain
>>
>> --
>>

> Dwain,
> Check out the program "krpmbuilder".  I believe it shows up in
> Development in your menu.  It will be a great help in building a proper
> rpm with spec file and help you in better understanding what is going
> on with the process.
>
> Grab a couple of spec files from other programs source to compare and
> get a feel for the process.  I think you'll find yourself up to your
> armpits in compiling very quickly.
>
> regards,
> Lee

i just installed it and with the "maximum rpm" link i should be pulling
my hair out very soon. ;-)

i have also emailed guru pascal, so i'm on my way!  thanks for the
support.  it is much appreciated.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford
Alford Design Group

telephone:  205-487-2570
cell:  205.495.5619

email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:    http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"