On Saturday 24 March 2007 13:34, David Brodbeck wrote:
> Rajko M. wrote:
> > 2) Is there any bank that is asking for such identification for credit
> > cards? There will be no so much problems with stolen identities if they
> > would.
>
> Fingerprint readers are not foolproof.  I remember reading an article
> not long ago where some researchers took impressions of people's fingers
> and made fake fingerprints out of gelatin.  They fooled several popular
> fingerprint reading devices.  This worries me because fingerprint
> technology effectively relies on a secret "password" that cannot be
> changed.  If someone finds out your PIN, you can always change it.  If
> someone steals your fingerprints, you're stuck.  Over-reliance on
> biometrics may create more problems than it solves.

        This was done on a popular show "Mythbusters". They are not
accomplished
crooks but figured out how to do it in a short period of time. They did not
reveal the information on how they managed to defeat the reader, but the
manufacturer did claim it was foolproof, guess not. One way or another
information on new technology gets leaked and it gets busted..

Mike