So, I've built a lirc receiver/transmitter. The receiver works well and I've
learning a number of my remotes.

Now, I want to be able to send these commands. When I issue the irsend
command (irsend send_start 57F510 PowerToggle) I am told that the hardware
does not support sending.

I compiled lirc with the "--with-transmitter" switch and the serial driver.
If I watch the IR LED with the webcam on my Windows PC I can see it blink on
and off as the OpenSUSE machine is booting and initializing.

I've read online that the OpenSUSE serial driver is broken and won't
transmit. (See http://iguanaworks.net/ir/serial/faq.shtml)

So, what must I do to get my lirc transmitter working??