My problem:

I have a server (damocles running Suse 10) that is supposed to be mounting two
remote file systems via NFS.  Both remote file systems are being served by the
same server (janus running SLES 9).  The relevant portions of the fstab file
for damocles looks like this:

janus.coalliance.org:/proddb    /proddb nfs     defaults 0 0
janus.coalliance.org:/prodobj   /prodobj        nfs     defaults 0 0

Both systems are being served with the same options from janus.

When damocles is booted, /prodobj mounts fine, but /proddb will not mount.  If
I run mount -a from the command line it mounts like it should.

The only thing I can see in /var/log/messages that seems like it might have any
relevance is a warning that the powersave-set_disk_settings could not retrieve
a list of disks from the HAL.  But that seems to be a bit of a stretch for
impacting an NFS mount.

There is one difference between the file systems, on janus /proddb is owned by
the mysql user so that it appears owned by mysql on damocles (I intend to put
the mysql DB on this mount).  Could this be somehow preventing it from mounting
automatically?

Any help is appreciated.

Tim Donnelly
Systems/Network Administrator