On 3/27/07, Rafa Griman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/27/07, Mark Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/27/07, Rafa Griman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > When I defined the Proxy settings via YaST (as you describe) I (root)
> > didn't get the .curlrc file created so I created it manually. Logged
> > out ... logged in ... rebooted ... The only thing left to do ins
> > reinstall ;) But I still get the error I get when I start the Online
> > Update Configuration and when I try to add a new installation source:
> >
> >    Execute curl command failed with '56':
> >    curl: (56) Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT
> >
> > My proxy settings are as follows:
> >
> >    http_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
> >    ftp_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
> >    gopher_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
> >    https_proxy=http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/
> >    no_proxy=10*, localhost, 127.0.0.1
> >
> > Would I have to remove the "user:password" part from these variables
> > if I use the .curlrc file? YaST put them there so I guess that's OK
> > and they won't interfere.
> >
> > Would I need to add to the .curlrc file a:
> >
> >      --proxy-anyauth | --proxy-basic | --proxy-digest | --proxy-ntlm
> >
> > entry?
> >

> On my laptop I have:
> http_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
> ftp_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
> gopher_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
> https_proxy=http://proxy.dom.ain:port/
> no_proxy=localhost, 127.0.0.1, <local domain>
>
> No user:password part.
>
> When defining proxy in Yast, I added username and proxy password in
> Proxy Authentication box and tried "Test Proxy Settings". Does it work
> on your machine?

Thanks for your help Mark but ...

Nope, it doesn't work :( And I've checked my proxy variables and right
now they're just like yours.

I've managed to download a file with curl with the following options:

curl  --proxy-ntlm --proxy-user user:password --url
http://curl.haxx.se/programs/curlmirror.txt --proxy
http://proxy.dom.ain:8080/  -O

And managed to get the perl script (curlmirror.pl) to work with the
following command line:

curlmirror.pl -a '--proxy-ntlm --proxy-user user:password --proxy
http://proxy.dom.ain:8080/'
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/10.2/ -c -o ./ -s 1000000 -t
~/tmp/

The only issue is I can't get the RPM files to get named
<whatever>.rpm, they're all renamed to <whatever>.rpm.html :(

There's no way to get wget or rsync out through the proxy, the only
one is curl. That's why I'd like to modify the YOU line(s) where curl
is used and add these options: --proxy-ntlm --proxy-user user:password
--proxy http://proxy.dom.ain:8080/

These are the error messages I get with wget and rsync:

:~/mirror_suse> rsync -a -v --progress --delete
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/10.2/ videolan/

ssh: http: Name or service not known
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
io.c(459) [receiver=2.6.8]

:~/mirror_suse> wget --proxy-user=user --proxy-password=password
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/10.2/i586/a52dec-0.7.4-2.0.i586.rpm

--10:42:16--
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/10.2/i586/a52dec-0.7.4-2.0.i586.rpm
           => `a52dec-0.7.4-2.0.i586.rpm'
Resolving proxy.dom.ain... 10.0.144.6
Connecting to proxy.dom.ain|10.0.144.6|:8080... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 407 Proxy Authentication
Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the
request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied.  )
10:42:16 ERROR 407: Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server
requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy
filter is denied.  ).

:~/mirror_suse>

YaST finally managed to create the .curlrc file (after rebooting) but
it still doesn't work. Right now .curlrc is as follows:

# Changed by YaST2 module proxy 03/27/2007
proxy-user = "user:password"
proxy = http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/

But it' doesn't work so I've also added to .curlrc:

proxy-ntlm

No way. I've logged in and out and rebooted so many times I just can't
believe it :(

Can't I just add these options (--proxy-ntlm --proxy-user
user:password --proxy http://proxy.dom.ain:8080/) to the curl command
line specified in YOU? If so, where?

When I try to use zypper, I get the following error:

:~ # zypper sa http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/suse_update/10.2/
Determining http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/suse_update/10.2/ source type...
.. not YUM
.. not YaST
Unknown source type for http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/suse_update/10.2/

:~ #

I can't add new Installation Sources, I can't get the Online Update
Configuration to work, ... And the .curlrc file is of no good :( I
just want to modify YOU so that I can add the options I know that work
on the CLI.

I'm out of ideas, sorry. Looks like it depends on authentication
method used by your proxy.
I understood that curl by default tries different methods. I do not
need to specify any method, so in my case it is able to find the
proper one. And you have to explicitly specify ntml. wget does not
have any such option.

BTW, when you get html file instead of rpm, did you check the size and
contents of the file (sometimes I saw that resulting html file
contained some error message instead of the actual file).

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein