On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   14 2007-03-27 21:06 dunlot -> /share/dunlot/

This is a symbolic link, which will get resolved by  the local system to a
directory on the local machine, not one on the remote server

> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root    root     4 2007-03-27 19:07 mnt -> /mnt

Same with this. /mnt will get resolved to /mnt on your local machine, which is
why when you do an ls you see the same things as in /mnt. You are actually
looking in /mnt twice

I'm not sure what those symlinks were supposed to be, or how they were
created, but it looks odd

Is the windows box where you say you can access it the same one where you're
mounting from? That might explain why the symbolic link works there