M Harris wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007 16:39, Mr Banana wrote:
>> When I install the printer and test it everything seems
>> OK but after rebooting it stops working. Sending the job to print gives no
>> error, the print queue stays empty and nothing gets printed. If I go into
>> Yast, delete then add the printer it starts working again, untill the next
>> reboot.
>       Sounds like the CUPS server is not starting at bootup... or, the
> printer
> (queue) is not starting at bootup.

No, it doesn't seem to be that. I think the problem comes from misnaming of
the device. Through yast it is expecting device /dev/usb/lp-1 but in fact the
printer is connected as /dev/usb/lp0. I wonder if it is some issue with
it being a printer and scanner and picking up the wrong USB device for the
printer. The problem is on a system with SuSE 10.1. When I tried the printer
with my 10.2 system, two different devices were recognised and configured. I
didn't check what happens after a reboot though.

Cosmo