On Saturday 31 March 2007 19:04, dwain wrote:
> I have done it both ways you have recommended and it still tells me the
> file or directory does not exist.
        That's because the file or directory does not exist... I promise.

        ... also, something else you may want to look at (as posted above) if
the
spaces are real in the directory name you may need to backslash the directory
name...  for instance...

        mkdir  my\ dir

        ... will make a directory in my home called  "my dir"

        If I try to list the directory like this:::

        ls -al  my dir

        it will fail with file or directory not found... however; try this::

        ls -al  my\ dir

        and whalla... finds it every time...

--
Kind regards,