---- "Cristian Rodriguez R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:
>
> > Has anyone had luck on 64 bit 10.2 with the madwifi package?
> >

>  zypper -v sa http://madwifi.org/suse/10.2
>
> zypper install madwifi madwifi-kmp-`uname -r | awk -F- '{print $3}'`
>
> reconfigure you card with yast , have fun.

you know what....... i must have had a brain fart or something because I
installed the last time via smart.  Its been a while since Ive had to mess with
getting wireless  to work!!! smart installed what I thought was all the
packages necessary....... but as you show above and after I went back to
madwifi.org/suse/10.2, looks like the only thing smart installed was the tools
and not the kernel package which provides the ath_pci module.  no wonder it
wasnt working.

all set now though, works like a charm. thanks Cristian.