El dom, 01-04-2007 a las 22:51 +0200, jdd escribió:
> Hudibras wrote:
>
> > Tellico databases of music. Does it not sound to any backdoor or
> > similar???? I'm very sorry to point it out, but ...
>
> it's probably so. may be your computer was, time ago hit by a rootkit
> and now somebody can access it from external without you knowing
> nothing about it.

Hmmm... Certainly, I cannot certify at all, but believe me, it's nearly
impossible that issue. But, though I've considered yet, it's the last
test I'll do, and that's the reason why it will be the last one, because
I don't think of it.

>  laptops are risky (is it one?)

No. It's my home machine, a Tower PC.

> so, backup any _data_, launch a repair cd and search for a rootkit.
> there are utilities on the web, however I have no knowledge about them.

Yes. Though SuSE and any Linux always let me not to be so distressed to
backup all (I think this is not good expressed, sorry), I think it would
be a good thing to have into account. But, I swear, I never needed any
backup: SuSE NEVER has failed to me. NEVER (excuse for the capital
letters, but they're really needed here: I'm not crying, but not html
mail does not make easy to remark words).

Thanks,
Alejandro.