Some people reported satisfaction. I was avoiding it just because of posts of
dissatisfaction, but it was never removed since zmd removal solved the
problem, and it was actually running unconfigured.

Well with Beagle, I can see it being useful if you (meaning an average
end user) are not organized and don't know where things are.  For the
most part I simply don't have a use for Beagle.  I know where all my
data is.  It's all sorted into logical (for me) locations., and I can
find it when I need to just by opening the right directory.

I have yet to see a real use for Beagle... I'm sure it's there or it
wouldn't be a part of the GUI desktop... but at least in my case, I
have yet to actually see a practical use for it.

I did have it installed for a while, and tinkered with it.. configured
it... didn't have any issues with it... removed it because I didn't
see the point.

Maybe I missed the obvious.  I am known to do that :-)

C.