M Harris wrote:
> hi folks,
>       I am trying to install opensuse 10.0 on a friends old Dell Inspiron
> 3200 :
>
>       Hardware checks out, machine was running W98 ....
>
>       I have disabled most of the "features" like serial, infrared, floppy,
> etc.
>
>       The machine boots from the CD-1 fine and I select bootup options
> 1024x768,
> acpi off, and press go... the system starts and find all the hardware
> (including the cdrom) ... usb... pci...  and then goes searching for the info
> file...................................... and does not find it... asks for
> CD-1.....
>
>       So, the machine can boot from CD, but can not find the info file on the
> same
> CD?    Can someone tell me what bootup option I need to get past this one?
>
>       Thanks much!

Vaguely remember coming across something similar in past.  Had to
manually load driver from text version of installer, bit of pain as
needed to work out parameters for hardware driver involved. The CD boot
is a BIOS related thing not a Linux Kernel related thing, unless the
kernel can identify the correct driver it cannot communicate with it.

begin:vcard
fn:Graham T. Smith
n:Smith;Graham T.
adr:Barton upon Humber;;90 Bowmandale;;North Lincs.;DN18 5EA;UK
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:07876793607
version:2.1
end:vcard