Teilhard Knight wrote:
I'm new to Suse and I am not an expert in Linux. I want to configure my
wireless Linksys WUSB11 Version 2.6 nic with Atmel chipset. The driver of
the device is correctly loaded in the kernel (at76_usb), and Yast2
detects
the card all right. Problem is, when I try to configure the card the
platform announces it will install the atmel-firmware, but upon
accepting it
installs nothing. I have loaded the firmware .bin files in
/lib/modules/uname -r/kernel/drivers/firmware/, but still Yast2
attempts to
install the firmware.
As already mentioned, it belongs in /lib/firmware.  That is the
directory firmware is loaded from.
I have thought that maybe installing the firmware
package Yast2 will detect the package installed an will allow me to
configure my nic. But I am afraid I have not an idea of what to choose
among: "atmel-firmware-1.3-1.noarch.rpm" or
"atmel-firmware-1.3-1.src.rpm"
src.rpm is a source rpm for building the rpm. You would want the noarch.rpm
or "atmel-firmware-1.3-1fc3.src.rpm" or lastly:
"atmel-firmware-1.3-1fc3.noarch.rpm". My box is an AMD64.
Where do you even see this firmware?  That would be for fedora core 3.
That is not on my 10.2 DVD.

No, it seems the firmware is not in the distribution. I find these packages
in Berlios, where they provide the driver. Perhaps you are right and it is
only intended for Fedora Core.

Teilhard