dwain wrote:
Here's what I got when I input like you said.  What am I doing wrong?

crontab -e
no crontab for root - using an empty one
crontab: installing new crontab

What does this mean?  Do I need to repeat the operation again?

Having more fun than a human being should have.
Dwain

NO!
You should have a bunch of tildes (that's "~" symbol going down the left hand side of your screen. Hit the insert button. You should see "--INSERT--" on the lower left corner of your screen. type in that stuff, hit enter, then hit escape, the semi-colon key, and then type "wq"
Simple