If you have it installed, you can try YaST: Network services - Samba
Server. First tab 'Start' - start Samba during start-up + open port in
firewall. Second tab 'Shares' - inactivate everything but Netlogon +
mark 'Allow users to share...'. Third tab 'Identity' - I never change
anything there. That usually does it for me: sharing folders over the
network between Linux and XP - users in Linux decide if they want to
share a folder and to what extent (right-click on a folder and choose
'Sharing options').
/Lars