On Thursday 12 April 2007 21:10, dwain wrote:
> I have a 40gb drive that I obtained that has some i/o errors on it.
> Is there a way to fix this so I can load opensuse on it?  Would it be
> worth the effort?

By "I/O errors" do you mean bad sectors? It might be possible to get the
device to map them out.

But what is the cash value of a 40 GB drive even if it was in perfect
working order? $25US? How long do you have to work to earn that? That's
how much effort it would worth to try to make that device useable, if
that's even possible.

> Dwain

RRS